Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Simple Things

The simple things in WoW

So this article is about the simple things in WoW that one may forget or not remember. Let me give you an example: One day I was strolling along in Undercity, I can't exactly remember how I got there but regardless of all that I wanted to get to Dalaran. Unfortunately I had already somehow used my Ring of the Kirin Tor, and hearthstone (which I have set to the horde city in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms because of the portals there) and my Garrison hearthstone was also on cooldown. So for the first time in a long time, I actually asked myself "How in the hell do I get to Dalaran?!?"... 
So that is where I got the inspiration to make this article and call it 'The simple things in WoW'. I don't really have much to put in this little list I'm compiling quite yet, but I'm hoping that you guys will comment on the small stuff that you might've forgotten. This list can be used by veteran players who might be a tad bit forgetful (like myself) or by the brand spankin' new to the world of Azeroth. 


#1 The multiple ways of getting to Dalaran

There are actually a few different ways of getting to Dalaran in the game. The first few methods I'll tell you of are the ones I've already mentioned above. In more detail though of course...
  • Ring of the Kirin Tor:
The ring of the Kirin Tor is by far the easiest (and most expensive) way of getting to Dalaran in-game. They have different prices for the different levels of reputation you may have with the Kirin Tor Faction. They are all over ten thousand gold though, so unless you really have a lot of gold you can spend freely then I wouldn't get this ring. Mainly because its outdated and will serve almost no use to you in pve or pvp currently. Unless you were a level 70 twink or something like that though. Anyway there you go.
  • Setting your Hearthstone to the faction cities in The Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
Since WoD introduced the Garrison, you basically get a second Hearthstone. But this new hearthstone will only transport you to your Garrison on Dreanor. So getting to Draenor is already very easy (No port to Shatt or Dalaran in either Ashran city as far as I can tell though) so you are free to use your other Hearthstone to whatever place you want to. I'm recommending the Pandaria faction cities because in both cities there are portals to all the faction cities. Well you cant port to Orgrimmar from Pandaland if you are an alliance character and vice versa if you are a horde.. so..sorry.... But anyway  not only do they contain ports to all of your factions home cities, the Vale of Eternal Mists cities also have ports to both Shatt and Dalaran in both of them. (Sorry that I can't remember the names of the particular cities in question) 

  • Going to Dalaran by way of shipping
So what I mean by this is that both factions have ports somewhere (zepplins in Org if you are Horde and ships in Stormwind Harbor if you are Alliance) that have shipping vessels that will take you to Northrend, and then you fly to Dalaran from either of those ships' destinations'. It takes a few minutes to fly there but if you have no other way then I guess its worth it, if you really really wanted to get to Dalaran that is...

Well that is it currently for this list. I can't really think of anything else to add right now, but I'm sure I'll get all kinds of Ideas from people. Please feel free to leave yours in the comments so we can give this little list more length...


Thank you for reading!  

No comments:

Post a Comment